[Npoc-discuss] REMINDER Please Register: NCSG Capacity Building Program - Influence and Negotiation

Joan Kerr joankerr at fbsc.org
Mon Oct 1 14:07:18 UTC 2018

Hello Everyone,

Please remember to register for the upcoming capacity building webinar:
here is the info above & below:

*Webinar Overview: Influence and Negotiation - Thursday, October 4th at 19
UTC and Friday, October 5th at 13 UTC (duplicate sessions for time zone
purposes)*

A large focus of the NCSG, NPOC, and NCUC’s work is aimed at influencing
and negotiating on behalf of civil society within ICANN.  In this ongoing
Capacity Building Program ICANN is offering a second set of webinars
(duplicate sessions for time zone purposes) focused on influencing others
when there is no apparent authority.

We will discuss the psychology, foundations, and elements of influence,
part of which is negotiation.  You will learn about your preferred way of
influencing and negotiating with others and how that impacts your ability
to be influenced.  We will talk about currencies and how to frame
concessions.  We will also revisit how values drive positions and how
helping others behave their values is a powerful way to influence with
integrity.

The webinar will use interactive tools so be ready to contribute!  The
success of webinars lies in the participation of the attendees.  We are
looking forward to working with you!

*Webinar Agenda:*

   1. Overview:  Influence and Negotiation
   2. Psychology of Influence
   3. Foundations of Influence
   4. Influence Elements:

   - Skills
      - Intentions
      - Power
      - Methods
      - Tools

   1. Negotiation
   2. Styles
   3. Currencies
   4. Concessions

*Please register for your preferred session here
<https://goo.gl/forms/3pNWbGpAxNpvNH152> to receive dial in details.*

Dr. David Kolb will be conducting the webinar.  He was with us in Panama
for our face to face workshop which touched on these topics but did not go
as deep as this webinar is designed to do.  Dr. Kolb has been working with
the ICANN community and ICANN staff since 2013 and is managing director of
Incite Learning a professional development training and consulting company.

We hope you can join us!  *Please register here
<https://goo.gl/forms/3pNWbGpAxNpvNH152> to receive dial in information.*

--

Joan Kerr,

Entrepreneur, Artist, Humanitarian

T: +1 (416) 907-0783

Skype: joankerr_fbsc

fbsc.org, www.fbsc.eco

Chair: Victory Garden Leadership Implementation Team

Chair, Sustainable Agriculture, Global Humanitarian Technology Conference

Chair: IEEE Smart Villages Project, Sustainable Agriculture Working Group

Chair: ICANN Not for Profit Operational Concerns Constituency

Recipient of the United Nations Civil Society Award (WSIS 2004)

Recipient, Region of Durham Community Partnership Award

Advisor, IEEE Humanitarian Initiatives Committee

Advisor, Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network, (CSAYN) Global
Coordination Unit