[Npoc-discuss] NPOC EC Meeting Brief

Joan Kerr joankerr at fbsc.org
Wed Feb 20 12:15:02 UTC 2019

Dear Ioana, All

Ore indeed does a great job as Secretariat.

Please do spread the word with the Fellows.  The long term goal for the
NPOC session with ALAC is to hear from members and to collaborate on
sharing resources to engage and educate not for profit organizations. so
this session is important to attend.

Re: Your idea of inviting attendees: I will work with Juan and address
this, with caution of the privacy issues as well.

Thank you for participating in the public comments, NPOC needs to become
more involved in policy work.

See you in Kobe.
Regards,

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 4:24 AM Ioana Stupariu <Stupariu_Ioana at phd.ceu.edu>
wrote:

> Dear Ore, dear EC,
>
> Many thanks for sharing this with us, it is indeed very useful for us to
> see what is happening & glad to see things are moving!
>
> So what I can add:
>
>    - I will also be present in Kobe and will try to attend all NPOC
>    sessions.
>    - On spreading the word about NPOC in Kobe: Joan, I am a Fellowship
>    coach this meeting, so I can also help in spreading the word, if you do
>    talk to Siranush, I am glad to help as I will be present at all their
>    meetings. All my fellow trainees know about NPOC and I am always trying to
>    get them to join.
>    - I will also continue to cover the meeting from the Twitter account,
>    to keep it active on-site. (like at previous meetings)
>    - Idea for further outreach: I am not sure we have done this before,
>    but maybe we could obtain a list of all attendees, to see those coming
>    from/representing/affiliated with NGOs, and try to contact them
>    directly? All the profiles are public anyway once they register on the app,
>    but this would really help us sort it out. Would it be feasible? (thinking
>    of privacy concerns)
>    - On policy: Indeed, I wrote 2 public comments and reviewed several
>    others, trying to be more active on this as well. Will try to follow next
>    ones.
>    - For Maryam: I confirm I will be in Kobe.
>

> Looking forward to seeing you all in Japan,
> Ioana
>

> Ioana Stupariu
> *SJD Candidate - International Business Law*
> Central European University
> Department of Legal Studies
> Nador u. 11, 1051 Budapest, Hungary
> Phone*:* +36205019300
> Stupariu_Ioana at phd.ceu.edu | www.ceu.edu
>
> [image: Risultati immagini per ceu logo]
>
> ------------------------------

Joan Kerr,

Entrepreneur, Artist, Humanitarian

T: +1 (416) 907-0783

Skype: joankerr_fbsc

fbsc.org, www.fbsc.eco

Chair: Victory Garden Leadership Implementation Team

Chair, Sustainable Agriculture, Global Humanitarian Technology Conference

Chair: IEEE Smart Villages Project, Sustainable Agriculture Working Group

Chair: ICANN Not for Profit Operational Concerns Constituency

Recipient of the United Nations Civil Society Award (WSIS 2004)

Recipient, Region of Durham Community Partnership Award

Advisor, IEEE Humanitarian Initiatives Committee

Advisor, Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network, (CSAYN) Global
Coordination Unit