[Npoc-discuss] A note from Joan Kerr, NPOC Chair

Joan Kerr joankerr at fbsc.org
Tue Jan 22 03:35:27 UTC 2019

 [image: image.png]

Dear NPOC Members,

On behalf of the Executive Committee (EC), I would like wish you a Happy
New Year, one of prosperity and happiness. Your Executive Members are:
Caleb Olumuyiwa, David Cake, Juan Manuel Rojas, Oreoluwa Somolu Lesi and
Raoul Plommer.

The EC is very busy with its priority of building a stable foundation for
NPOC, however, we've been a little silent with you. Please accept my
apologies, and for the remainder of my term, I will commit to communicating
with you more often and to work with you more closely to make NPOC the
amazing Constituency it aught t be. I will not be addressing the general
meetings attendances or ICANN participation, only the development of the
Constituency.

The Executive Committee embraced a sustainable strategy to work on building
a strong organization in order to better serve its members. This meant
revisiting or developing the necessary administrative functionalities that
would enable the EC to responsibilities. I would like to share these with
you.

   1.

   Charter Review: The EC delved into updating the charter, only to
   discover that many sections had dual and sometimes conflicting or even
   contradictory statements. It was decided that a very comprehensive rewrite
   and redefinition had to take place. The charter will be available by
   ICANN64 for your input.

   1.

   Creating a Policy Committee: NPOC EC spent a lot of time to define the
   operational issues and the newly formed committee is tasked with creating
   public comment and informing members about policies and encourage their
   comments and expertise.

   2.

   Branding NPOC: the development of marketing and promotional materials,
   such as a new logo, banner, Getting Started Guide, Welcome letter. These
   are stored so subsequent Committees can utilize them.

   1.

   Financial responsibilities: NPOC EC had to address a number of financial
   issues stemming from previous years, with little or no info, it was finally
   resolved and procedures established for the future.

   2.

   The npoc.org website is being revamped to include a more member focus
   platform.

   3.

   Creating a tracking system for actions

NPOC resources and information gathering

Website: www.npoc.org

NPOC wiki

Npoc Discuss List

Skype NPOC

Looking forward to communicating and work more closely,

Regards,

--

Joan Kerr,

Entrepreneur, Artist, Humanitarian

T: +1 (416) 907-0783

Skype: joankerr_fbsc

fbsc.org, www.fbsc.eco

Chair: Victory Garden Leadership Implementation Team

Chair, Sustainable Agriculture, Global Humanitarian Technology Conference

Chair: IEEE Smart Villages Project, Sustainable Agriculture Working Group

Chair: ICANN Not for Profit Operational Concerns Constituency

Recipient of the United Nations Civil Society Award (WSIS 2004)

Recipient, Region of Durham Community Partnership Award

Advisor, IEEE Humanitarian Initiatives Committee

Advisor, Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network, (CSAYN) Global
Coordination Unit

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>