[Npoc-discuss] G7 GAC and WHOIS - protecting end users

Abd-El-Raouf Olévié Kouami olivierkouami at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 02:46:09 UTC 2019

Hello dear Sam and all,
Greetings from Dakar, Senegal.,
Thank you for your fruitfull comment. I was not aware of the phase one of
such a discussion and I'm happy to know the story
 Anyway, due to the fact that the injonction  from the G7 is also related
to the European GDPR compliance what could be the result on NPOC
operational concerns as we are also end users ?
Isn't because of that GDPR that things seems "running" now ?
Please, I want to know.

Warm regards.
Olevie

Garanti
sans virus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Le jeu. 4 juil. 2019 à 01:56, Sam Lanfranco <Lanfran at yorku.ca> a écrit :

> The G7 is urging ICANN to reach a speedy resolution of the operational
> concerns around how ICANN thinks Domain Name information is to be
> handled with regard to "WHOIS" type queries by various interested
> parties.
> It is important to remember that Phase One of this exercise progressed
> at a snail's pace and essentially sputtered to a stop.
>
> To this date it is still not clear why that happened. One can only
> hope, in the absence of lessons learned, that Phase 2 does not repeat
> that process. It was a painful waste of time.
>
> Sam L.
>

> https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/green-to-chalaby-21jun19-en.pdf

> "It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
>  in an unjust state" -Confucius

*Abd-El-Raouf Olévié KOUAMI*
DG de Ets "*Le FA de la Téranga*"
CEO de l'INTIC4DEV (Institut ds TIC pour le développement)
CTO du FOSSFA (http://www.fossfa.net)
Tél.: (+221) 77 422 16 47 (Orange) / (+221) 76 695  59 79 (Tigo)
*Skype : olevie1   FaceBook : @olivier.kouami.7 Twitter : #oleviek
Dakar – Thiaroye-sur-mer quartier MAYACINE KAN dit MAGU
 - SENEGAL-