[Npoc-discuss] Notes from NPOC Chair

Olévié Kouami olivierkouami at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 00:32:19 UTC 2019

Thank you so much for this update dear Chair.
I warmly hope that very soon, the NPOC will finally find its way in this
ecosystem.

Hopefully, i'll have something consistant to share with you as experience
and testimonies. I'm trying to organize a national DNS FORUMS here in
Senegal, my new residence, and in Togo.
As a civil society organization, wearing my double hats of a representative
of an ALS and a member of the NPOC. So, I'll need your support to succeed
in these activities.

A part from that, i'm actually approached by a registrant who is in dispute
with the registrar/registry (as we usually seen in our region) about a name
paid but finally not attributed because there an error during the process
of selling and buying. The both parties doesn't consult the naming charter
before the conclusion. It's later that the registrar has realised its error
and decided to block and deny this contact.
Even that the dispute is a CCTLD one, i've been approached as a member of
ICANN community to assis. Fortunatelly, i was part of these committees
which elaborate the naming charter and the dispute resolution process in
year 2013 in Togo. I was then able to explain to the registrant the why and
the how his plea will be treated.
Just to expose how people  persaw us in this ecosystem..
My 2 cents
Olévié
Judith Hellerstein, Founder & CEO
Hellerstein & Associates
3001 Veazey Terrace NW, Washington DC 20008
<https://maps.google.com/?q=3001+Veazey+Terrace+NW,+Washington+DC+20008&entry=gmail&source=g>
Phone: (202) 362-5139  Skype ID: judithhellerstein
Mobile/Whats app: +1202-333-6517
E-mail: Judith at jhellerstein.com   Website: www.jhellerstein.com
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/jhellerstein/
Opening Telecom & Technology Opportunities Worldwide

On 2/28/2019 2:04 PM, Joan Kerr wrote:

> Dear NPOC Members,
>
> I'm delighted to share that February has been a very busy month for NPOC.
We are continuing to develop organizationally, building a sold foundation
for NPOC to function, The areas NPOC continues to refine are:

> Crafting the Charter, almost in its final draft stages
>
> Designing a new website to be launched in Kobe
>
> Financial management issues being discussed
>
> Activities tracking/project management being refined
>
> Strategic collaborations being explored
>
> Policy Committee still not functional
>
> In preparation for Kobe, and in addition to the the Executive Committee
meeting, two scheduled Policy Committee meetings and Constituency Day. NPOC
is collaborating with ALAC to explore how we can share resources and
educate not for profit organizations about the Domain Name System. NPOC
will use the info to a) establish and strengthen strategic regional
collaboration, b) rejuvenate participation, and foster networking
opportunities among members.

> Please let us know your expertise and passion so we can start the Policy
Development Process in earnest.

website. Please reach us at npoc-ec at icann.org.

> If you haven't already done so, you can also join us on Skype: NPOC
>
> Regards,
>
> --
>
> Joan Kerr,
>
> Entrepreneur, Artist, Humanitarian
>
> T: +1 (416) 907-0783
>
> Skype: joankerr_fbsc
> <http://fbsc.org>
> fbsc.org <http://fbsc.org>, www.fbsc.eco
>
> Chair: Victory Garden Leadership Implementation Team
>
> Chair, Sustainable Agriculture, Global Humanitarian Technology Conference
>
> Chair: IEEE Smart Villages Project, Sustainable Agriculture Working Group
>
> Chair: ICANN Not for Profit Operational Concerns Constituency
>
> Recipient of the United Nations Civil Society Award (WSIS 2004)
>
> Recipient, Region of Durham Community Partnership Award
>
> Advisor, IEEE Humanitarian Initiatives Committee
>
> Advisor, Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network, (CSAYN) Global
Coordination Unit