[Npoc-discuss] One last review before sending our charter to ICANN staff

Raoul Plommer plommer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 14:37:26 UTC 2019

Dear members of NPOC,

Our new charter is finally at the stage, where we will send it to staff to
do their own review. Here it is:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HRcUOxtoMUzJnfXhXm-wpJd3vDmVRG9uFTRyojOAbxo/edit?usp=sharing

If no new comments have arrived to it by Friday (25.10.), we'll send it off
to staff before our F2F meeting in Montreal.

The only bit that was changed since the last iteration, was the mission.
Here's the new version:

"1.2 NPOC’s mission is to represent Not-for-Profit Organizations by
addressing their operational concerns with the generic Top-level Domains
(gTLDs). Operational Concerns are defined as issues arising from the use of
the gTLDs by the not-for-profit organizations to achieve their own mission.
Those can include but are not limited to Domain Name Fraud, Intellectual
Property Abuse, Privacy, Security, Stability, and Resiliency, as well as
transparent registration process and pricing and continued ownership of
domain names."

The only change to it from older versions was the highlighted part "process
and pricing", as we felt it'd be good to specify what kind of transparency
we'd want. Supposedly, without the specification, one could think we'd want
the registrants' information to be public. That's not what we want.

-Raoul