[Npoc-discuss] Webinar Series: Capacity Building Initiative for Members Engagement

Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 14:13:30 UTC 2020

Dear NPOC Members,

I trust this email finds you well and happy holidays in advance.

As we close for the year, NPOC's leadership in collaboration with ICANN.Org
Staff is planning to stimulate members' engagement and participation
through capacity building initiatives for the new year.
Starting from the second week of January, we intend to hold a bi-weekly
webinar series which will run till the month of July.

The webinar series introduces DNS Operational Concerns.  The series is
aimed at NPOC members and not-for-profit organizations interested in
gaining a better understanding of the DNS and how to responsibly and
securely manage domain names. Topics will include how the DNS is managed
and organized, the steps organizations and individuals should take to
manage and protect their domain names, and how and why they can participate
in ICANN policy processes.  The webinars are targeted at newcomers, and
will also serve as a refresher for experienced NPOC members so they will be
able to give the same presentations to new and prospective members and
interested NPO organizations.

We believe that this capacity building initiative will assist members in
engaging in policy work for our constituency as we need more volunteers to
stand out and be counted.

To view the list of webinar topics and the timetable
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gcrSWCnOS6nEViymESF7BLJspxPogb0EaYPlXpqlZdA/edit?usp=sharing>,
please follow the link below.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gcrSWCnOS6nEViymESF7BLJspxPogb0EaYPlXpqlZdA/edit?usp=sharing

We welcome suggestions, comments that can help us make improvements in this
process.

In anticipation of your kind feedback, please accept the assurances of
regards from the NPOC-EC
--

*Caleb OgundeleMembership Committee Chair*