[Npoc-discuss] REMINDER: 2020 NPOC Nominations Process - Thursday, 14 May 2020

Joan Kerr joankerr at fbsc.org
Thu May 14 19:33:15 UTC 2020

Dear NPOC Members,

As stated above, the NPOC election nomination process has now began, and
will run from May 14-May 28th, until 12:59 UTC.  All positions are open as
listed above.  According to the current charter:
2.4 Term LimitsCommittee officers will be elected/appointed for one-year
terms. No one-person shall serve for more than five (5) years in any ten
(10) year period on a particular committee,
Joan Kerr: Chair - 3 years
Raoul Plommer: Vice Chair 3  years
Carlos Raul Gutierrez: Policy Chair 1 year
Oreoluwa Somolu Lesi: Secretariat/Treasurer 2 years
caleb olumuyiwa: 2 years
Ioana Stupariu: Membership Chair  less than 5 months, replacing Juan Manuel
Rojas

Should you consider being elected to the NPOC EC, please follow the
procedure as outlined above.  Wishing you good luck and hope you consider
running for an elected position.
Regards,

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 1:07 PM Maryam Bakoshi <maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>
wrote:

> [...]
> •Why you are running for the position?:
> •Do you have any conflict(s) of interest?:
> •How many hours per week you are able to dedicate to the position:
> •Are you involved in any working Groups or PDP efforts, if so please state:
>

> *Step 3: Statement of Interest (SOI)*
> All nominees are expected to submit a brief statement explaining why they
> believe they are a suitable candidate and also must complete or update
> their Statement of Interest.
>

> *All current Executive Committee positions are open:*
>
> • *Chair* currently held by, Joan Kerr
> • *Vice Chair* currently held by, Raoul Plommer
> • *Secretariat* currently held by, Oreoluwa Lesi
> • *Policy Committee Chair* currently held by, Carlos Raoul Gutierrez
> • *Membership Committee Chair* currently held by, Ioana Stupariu
> • *Communications Committee Chair* currently held by, Caleb Ogundele
>

> *Election Timetable*
>
> Date
>
> Process
>
> Deadline
>
> May 07
>
> Check-in
>
> May 29, 2020; 23:59 UTC
>

> May 14
>
> Nominations process opens
>
> You can self-nominate or nominate someone starting on May 14 - May 28
>
> Candidates must respond to the NPOC discuss mailing list with the
> following:
>
> ·         Name:
>
> ·         Affiliation:
>
> ·         Position applied for:
>
> ·         Why you are running for the position?:
>
> ·         Do you have any conflict(s) of interest?:
>
> ·         How many Hours a week you are able to dedicate to the position:
>
> ·         Are you involved in any working Groups or PDP efforts, if so
> please state:
>
> May 28, 2020; 23:59 UTC
>
> May 28
>
> Deadline for nomination acceptance and candidate statement.
>
> May 28, 2020; 23:59 UTC
>
> May 29
>
> Meet the Candidates call
>
> May 29, 2020; 23:59 UTC
>
> June 02
>
> Voter Roll finalized
>
> June 02, 2020; 23:59 UTC
>
> June 03
>
> Voting begins
>
> June 17, 2020; 23:59 UTC
>
> June 18
>
> Election results announced
>

> *Duties and responsibilities* of the ExCom are listed here.
> <https://npoc.org/executive-committee/>
>
> You may also view the *roles & responsibilities* of our other committees
> here <https://npoc.org/npoc-committees/>.
>
> If you have any questions about this posting or the elections, please
> contact me or the NPOC Executive Committee at npoc at npoc.org.
>

> Many thanks,
>
> --
>

> *Maryam Bakoshi* | SO/AC Collaboration Services Sr. Coordinator
>
> *ICANN* | Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
>
> *S*: Maryam.bakoshi.icann | *T*: +44 7846 471777

Joan Kerr, Entrepreneur, Artist, Humanitarian

_____________________________________

Chair, Climate Smart Victory Garden Team

Chair, ICANN, Not for Profit Operations Constituency

Chair, IEEE Sustainable Agriculture Working Group

Chair, Science for Peace, Climate Smart Victory Gardens

Advisor, IEEE Humanitarian Initiatives Committee

Advisor, Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network, (CSAYN) Canada

UN WSIS Award Recipient, for Content & Creativity

Durham Region Recipient, Community Partnership Award

Founder, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities

www.joankerr.ca, www.fbsc.org

Skype: joankerr_fbsc

1-416-907-0783