[Npoc-discuss] Elections and NPOC website

Tapani Tarvainen npoc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Thu May 21 13:13:24 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I looked at NPOC website to see how current election information
can be found there. I may not have looked carefully enough but
I didn't find anything.

The front page talks about ICANN67 in Cancún as if it were in the
future, and when I click "read more" under it I get to a post
about ICANN64.

There is https://npoc.org/npoc-elections/ but it contains
nothing useful.

I can't find the current charter there either, only v2.0,
which still hasn't been officially approved AFAIK.

GNSO page about NPOC is also out of date:

https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/stakeholders-constituencies/ncsg/npoc

... as is the icannwiki page:

https://icannwiki.org/Not-for-Profit_Operational_Concerns_Constituency

The (other!) wiki page that has actual information about current
elections is all but impossible to find unless you know where it is,
no link to it from NPOC home page nor from the above icannwiki page
and even Google has hard time finding it. Kudos to Maryam for keeping
it up to date though:

https://community.icann.org/display/NPOCC/Elections+2020

It would be nice to have at least a link to that from NPOC homepage as
well as from icannwiki.

It would also otherwise make a good impression if the homepage was
kept current rather than talking about past meetings as forthcoming.

--
Tapani Tarvainen