[Npoc-discuss] Elections and NPOC website

Joan Kerr joankerr at fbsc.org
Thu May 21 13:43:21 UTC 2020

Hi Tapani,

Thank you for the post, we will address each one accordingly
Thanks,

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 9:29 AM Tapani Tarvainen <npoc at tapani.tarvainen.info>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I looked at NPOC website to see how current election information
> can be found there. I may not have looked carefully enough but
> I didn't find anything.
>
> The front page talks about ICANN67 in Cancún as if it were in the
> future, and when I click "read more" under it I get to a post
> about ICANN64.
>
> There is https://npoc.org/npoc-elections/ but it contains
> nothing useful.
>
> I can't find the current charter there either, only v2.0,
> which still hasn't been officially approved AFAIK.
>
> GNSO page about NPOC is also out of date:
>
> https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/stakeholders-constituencies/ncsg/npoc
>
> ... as is the icannwiki page:
>
> https://icannwiki.org/Not-for-Profit_Operational_Concerns_Constituency
>
> The (other!) wiki page that has actual information about current
> elections is all but impossible to find unless you know where it is,
> no link to it from NPOC home page nor from the above icannwiki page
> and even Google has hard time finding it. Kudos to Maryam for keeping
> it up to date though:
>
> https://community.icann.org/display/NPOCC/Elections+2020
>
> It would be nice to have at least a link to that from NPOC homepage as
> well as from icannwiki.
>
> It would also otherwise make a good impression if the homepage was
> kept current rather than talking about past meetings as forthcoming.
>
> --
> Tapani Tarvainen

Joan Kerr, Entrepreneur, Artist, Humanitarian

_____________________________________

Chair, Climate Smart Victory Garden Team

Chair, ICANN, Not for Profit Operations Constituency

Chair, IEEE Sustainable Agriculture Working Group

Chair, Science for Peace, Climate Smart Victory Gardens

Advisor, IEEE Humanitarian Initiatives Committee

Advisor, Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network, (CSAYN) Canada

UN WSIS Award Recipient, for Content & Creativity

Durham Region Recipient, Community Partnership Award

Founder, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities

www.joankerr.ca, www.fbsc.org

Skype: joankerr_fbsc

1-416-907-0783