[Npoc-discuss] Nomination Policy Chair

Jacqueline Morris vicechair at isoc.tt
Wed May 27 17:47:41 UTC 2020

Hi everyone
I am new to NPOC, but not new to ICANN, or to Policy Development.
I’m the ViceChair of the ISOC Trinidad and Tobago Chapter, which has been a member of this Constituency for several years. I truly appreciate the trust placed in me by the nomination to stand for election as Policy Chair. I accept the nomination and will do my best to excel in the position, should I be chosen. I understand the importance of the Policy Committee to the NPOC  - this is the reason that we are here, after all. I do not have any conflicts of interest, work for myself, so am flexible with time to devote to the position, and am currently involved in a few At-Large and regional WGs. I haven’t been heavily involved in ICANN policy for a while, but I do keep up and am on a lot of the mailing lists.

I know that many of you don’t know me, so, I’m going to introduce myself with a short bio.

Jacqueline Morris is a University Lecturer, Researcher, Gender and ICT Activist, and Internet Governance volunteer.

She sits as a Director on the Board of the National ICT Company of Trinidad and Tobago (iGovTT), is Chair of the Human Resources Committee, sits on the Strategic ICT Committee, and has given input to Parliament on ICT related legislation.

She has been a lecturer at the University of Trinidad and Tobago, in the fields of Education Technology and Instructional Design, at the Centre for Education Programmes. She has also lectured in Process Engineering at UTT, and in Education, Digital Tourism, and Management Information Science at the UWI both at the St. Augustine and Cave Hill campuses. She has also spent many years training adults in ICT and Internet technologies, as well as focusing on increasing the participation of girls and women in technology fields.

She was a founding member of the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Gender Caucus in 2002 and was appointed a member of the United Nations’ Expert Working Group on Internet Governance (WGIG) in 2004.

She was an appointed member of ICANN 's Interim At Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) from 2005 to 2007, and was Chair of that committee in 2007.
Within ICANN, she was the At Large's liaison to the ccNSO at ICANN for 2007-2008, a member of the ALAC BCEC, Associate Chair of the ICANN Nominating Committee (NomCom) in 2010-2011 and the member for At Large, Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) on the ICANN NomCom in 2011-2012. She has also participated in the ICANN ccNSO on behalf of the .tt ccTLD. She has also participated in several Working Groups.

I hope that this gives you some idea of who I am and what I can bring to the position of Policy Chair for NPOC. I’m open to any questions anyone has.
Regards
Jacqueline Morris