[Npoc-discuss] Call for interest for the seat at the NCSG EC

Raoul Plommer plommer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 15:48:21 UTC 2020

Dear members,

The NPOC EC has today decided to create a call for interest for working at
the NCSG EC. Our VC Ioana Stupariu has given her spot at the NCSG EC to get
more people actively involved in our work. The successful applicant will be
working with Caleb Ogundele for this term, i.e. until the Seattle meeting
in October '21.

*What does the job entail?*
1) Reviewing member applications (this is the most important frequent
function of the NCSG EC)
2) Making decisions at the stakeholder group level (NCSG)
3) Reporting to the NPOC EC on issues discussed

The perk for doing the job well gives a rotating slot for ICANN live
meetings. In other words, being at the NCSG EC gives you a travel slot
every second meeting. I hope I'm not too optimistic in saying that I think
flights and conferences will resume in time for Seattle.

When writing up your application, please try to elaborate why you would be
a good choice for this rather important responsibility and what relevant
qualifications or experience you might have.

The deadline for applications is 23.11.2020 23.59 UTC, after which the NPOC
EC will review the applications and make its decision on the successful
candidate.

-Raoul