[Npoc-discuss] Creating an NGO for NPOC in Estonia - with a bank account

John More morej1 at mac.com
Thu Apr 29 15:47:42 UTC 2021

Raoul

Good way to proceed.  One suggestion that might help because of the costs of changing named officers is to have the Board of the NGO serve longer and have a separate body that would have more frequent elections and would be responsible for the actual activities of NPOC.  In this way the Estonian NGO and its Board and officers serve more as a secretariat/financial home for NPOC.

It also relieves the activists from fiduciary responsibilities.

John More

FYI I am a retired DC lawyer with a lot of experience with non-profits and their governance structures and happy to offer my drafting services. I have. done so for ISOC and for NPOC in the. past.