[Npoc-discuss] Launch of NPOC Webinar series

Ioana Stupariu Stupariu_Ioana at phd.ceu.edu
Mon Jan 25 12:38:12 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues,

I am happy to announce a project on which me and my colleagues in the EC have been working on for the last few months together with ICANN staff: a series of webinars dedicated to NPOC members, aimed at increasing our know-how and knowledge on DNS Operational Concerns.

The series is aimed at NPOC members and not-for-profit organizations interested in gaining a better understanding of the DNS and how to responsibly and securely manage domain names. Topics will include how the DNS is managed and organized, the steps organizations and individuals should take to manage and protect their domain names, and how and why they can participate in ICANN policy processes.

The webinars are targeted at newcomers in this area, but will also serve as a refresher for experienced NPOC members, so we invite everyone to attend, as this is a unique opportunity, as you can also ask questions and bring up your interests and concerns as not-for-profit organizations. There will be a certificate of completion for those that will attend all webinars.

There will be 7 webinars, held almost weekly on Zoom, each Wednesday at 14:00 UTC for 1 hour, with the exception of the two weeks before and during ICANN70:

NPOC webinar 1, 3 February 2021

NPOC webinar 2, 10 February 2021

NPOC webinar 3, 17 February 2021

NPOC webinar 4, 24 February 2021

NPOC webinar 5, 3 March 2021

ICANN70 Prep Week 8-11 March (No NPOC webinar)

ICANN70 22-25 March (No NPOC webinar)

NPOC webinar 6, 31 March 2021

NPOC webinar 7, 7 April 2021

Please save the dates in your calendars - Calendar invitations and a detailed agenda will be sent shortly. We also encourage you to invite other members in your organizations, who may not have been involved until now, as this is a great opportunity to start getting involved by gaining some insights into this field.

Have a great week,

Ioana

(on behalf of the EC)

Ioana Stupariu
SJD Candidate - International Business Law
Central European University
Department of Legal Studies
Nador u. 11, 1051 Budapest, Hungary
Phone: +40744251228