[Npoc-discuss] Non Profit Technology Conference and RightsCon

Poncelet Ileleji pileleji at jokkolabs.co
Mon May 15 12:45:11 UTC 2023

Dear Jean,

Good day, just interjecting here, Access Now who created rightscon their
focus is not on DNS, so that says it all, it won't change as the domain
they cover is pretty neccessary and loads to do as digital rights takje
various dimensions in today's world.  I have attended various Rightscon
events and have  done sessions that focus on digital rights centric issues.
Our   NPOC community focuses on  DNS issues related to  not for profits.
We  should stick to that area as a lot is not yet covered by us as  NPOC.
In the early days of NPOC we had sessions at the IGF focusing on NPOC work.
I spoke in those sessions we put proposals for etc.  Now even in IGF we
don't as a community propose and run sessions etc. The last session NPOC
had in an IGF was in Baku, Azerbaijan.  I will suggest after the elections
just as we did in 2012 NPOC should come out with a two year strategy of its
core engagement that it wants to focus on, it will guide all, especially
giving NPOC a clear policy direction and what events it should attend that
aligns with its core mandate thats what happened in 2012 our Late chair
Alain Berranger of blessed memory despite is ill health then  worked hard
to get a strategy in place.  I expect incoming executives to go back to
adopt that model of a two year strategic document.

Just my 0.0001% contribution.

Thanks

Poncelet

*Poncelet O. Ileleji*

*Jokkolabs Banjul -  Lead / CEO*
*Sait Matty Road, Bakau, Adjacent to Swedish Consulate*
*KMC, The Gambia*
*P O Box 4496 Bakau,KMC, The Gambia*
*Skype: pons_utd*
*Tel Direct Office: +220 4495115*