[NPOC-EC] [So-ac-sg-cleaders] Newcomers Day Invitation ICANN64

Joan Kerr joankerr at fbsc.org
Tue Feb 19 19:24:42 UTC 2019

Hi Deborah,

I am confirming that I (Joan Kerr) will attend the Newcomers' Session.  I
am available any time between 10am and 11am for the 10 minute presentation.
Thanks,

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 4:13 PM Deborah Escalera <deborah.escalera at icann.org>
wrote:

> Dear Community Leaders,
>

> The Public Responsibility Support department will be hosting Newcomers Day
> for ICANN64. We will be featuring two community sessions; one session
> focusing on the work of the Supporting Organization Councils and Advisory
> Committees, and the second session highlighting the work of the Stakeholder
> Groups and Constituencies.
>

> We would like to invite your community group to *designate a
> representative by **Friday, 22 February *to attend the relevant session.
> Your remarks should be focused toward the Newcomers and will be followed by
> a brief question and answer session. Together, this should not exceed 10
> minutes. We will provide standard slides but you are welcome to send us any
> slides as well. We will share the deck once it is finalized.
>

> We know not every community group will be available to participate in the
> program because *Sunday (10 March) *is a busy working day at ICANN64. We
> will distribute a schedule of suggested meetings/sessions throughout ICANN64
> and encourage newcomers to attend them to learn more about the ICANN
> community. Please confirm your participation with us as soon as possible.
>

> Calendar invitations will be sent as appropriate. Below is the timeline of
> the meeting (see attached schedule). Please let us know if you have any
> questions.
>

> Best regards,
>

> Deborah and Siranush
>

> 10:00-12:20 Morning Session (broken up by 10 minute slots)
>

> 12:20-13:20 Lunch
>

> 13:20- 3:00 Afternoon Session (broken up by 10 minute slots)

Joan Kerr,

Entrepreneur, Artist, Humanitarian

T: +1 (416) 907-0783

Skype: joankerr_fbsc

fbsc.org, www.fbsc.eco

Chair: Victory Garden Leadership Implementation Team

Chair, Sustainable Agriculture, Global Humanitarian Technology Conference

Chair: IEEE Smart Villages Project, Sustainable Agriculture Working Group

Chair: ICANN Not for Profit Operational Concerns Constituency

Recipient of the United Nations Civil Society Award (WSIS 2004)

Recipient, Region of Durham Community Partnership Award

Advisor, IEEE Humanitarian Initiatives Committee

Advisor, Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network, (CSAYN) Global
Coordination Unit