[NPOC-EC] [Ext] Re: Membership Engagement and Stimulation on Policy Work for NPOC

Tomslin Samme-Nlar mesumbeslin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 19:16:50 UTC 2023

Hi Caleb,

Thanks for looping me in. Just confirming that all three topics (RDRS, DNS
Abuse & Internet governance) are aligned with what the NCSG policy
committee has been focused on. Since we are planning for 8 months, can I
add one more? The Applicant Support program is also very much in our radar.
It will be of priority for staff to hold a webinar that explains to the
wider membership in layman's terms what it is,  who can benefit from it,
why it is being discussed right now and who would benefit from it. This
should be very useful for NPOC.

So, if I were to order the topics in terms of general priority within the
next 8 months, I'd have something like this.

1. Applicant support (because the policy implementation work is currently
on the way. Better understanding might help in monitoring progress)
2. RDRS
3. DNS Abuse (including explanation and update on the contractual
negotiations between CPH & Org)
4. Internet Governance

Warmly,
Tomslin