[NPOC-EC] URGENT - Time sensitive What is your view on on the question of rebalancing the Nominating Committee (NomCom)

Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 22:48:27 UTC 2023

So I see that most items were copied from the one I co-authored for NCSG.
Even though we articulate the same position, I will suggest a fresh
re-write of some of the sections so that it doesn't look like copy and
paste.

I will try to commit some time to this rewrite later tomorrow. However, If
I cannot due to time constraints, then I suggest we submit what we have.

Regards

Caleb

On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 5:39 PM Raoul Plommer via NPOC-EC <npoc-ec at icann.org>
wrote:

> Here's a draft I made from the NCSG's document:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rT2atcp7hQS5jNEH-V6E23ACbr3oGkpgzdB3Uifxtv4/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Please comment on it and I'll send it before 24UTC tomorrow.
>
> -Raoul
>
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 at 11:42, Raoul Plommer <plommer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello NPOC EC,
>>
>> According to Julf, We need to write up our own response to the letter
>> from April about the NomCom change.
>>
>> There are the questions:
>>
>> 1. What does it mean to have a balanced NomCom at a point in time? For
>> example, what criteria
>> would you apply to measure or assess whether the NomCom is balanced? And
>> further, how can
>> one test whether or not the NomCom is balanced?
>> 2. Do you support the view that the current composition of the NomCom
>> needs to be rebalanced?
>> Please explain why or why not.
>> 3. How frequently does the balance need to be measured or assessed?
>> 4. How do you suggest that the NomCom’s composition be rebalanced?
>> 5. Who should conduct this work, and how should it be conducted?
>> 6. How would your community group prioritize consideration of this issue
>> within your planning
>> efforts?
>>
>> We need to finish our response TOMORROW. I will open up a document later
>> this evening but you can already start discussing our responses here in
>> this thread.
>>
>> -Raoul

*Caleb Ogundele*
Email: muyiwacaleb at gmail.com