[ODP-SSAD] Request for verification/feedback on SSAD recommendation 14.3

Yuko Green yuko.green at icann.org
Mon Aug 2 20:42:29 UTC 2021

Dear Janis,

The SSAD ODP project team has been closely analyzing the SSAD-related recommendations in the GNSO’s Final Report<https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/epdp-phase-2-temp-spec-gtld-registration-data-2-31jul20-en.pdf> to ensure we have a clear understanding. In addition to the questions we sent to you on 02 July 2021, we have identified another recommendation that needs clarification. As the GNSO Council Liaison, we ask that you please obtain the GNSO Council’s verification of our below assumption related to Recommendation 14.3.

Recommendation 14.3 states: “The prospective users of the SSAD, as determined based on the implementation of the accreditation process and Identity Providers to be used, should be consulted on setting usage fees for the SSAD. In particular, those potential SSAD requestors who are not part of the ICANN community must have the EPDP Team Phase opportunity to comment and interact with the IRT. This input should help inform the IRT deliberations on this topic.” Recommendation 14.4 further notes that the SSAD should be a self-sustaining system.

Assumption: ICANN org assumes the high-level financial details related to a self-sustaining SSAD will be shared with the ICANN community for the purposes of transparency, and the overall cost of running the system will be determined by ICANN org to ensure self-sustainability.

Can you please confirm if this assumption is correct? If not, please provide further insight.

Regards,

Yuko Green
Program Director
Strategic Initiatives, Global Domains & Strategy
E-mail:  yuko.green at icann.org<mailto:yuko.green at icann.org>
www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org/>