[Public-Experts] question on extending the deadline for call for candidates

Brian Cute bcute at pir.org
Tue Sep 9 01:35:51 UTC 2014

Jeanette, Janis and Larry,

I am copying you individually and the public-experts group email list for purposes of transparency.  While this discussion about extending the deadline may seem like a simple administrative matter, our agreement is to conduct our activities on a "default open" basis unless there is a clear reason to conduct activities in closed session.   I realized the prior emails had not been copied to the public-experts group list and wanted to address that matter.

Below is a draft extension of the Call for Candidates from Grace for our consideration.  I am fine with the extension and I have a question about the extension.  As drafted, it would close the call for candidates on the same day the public comment period on the accountability process would close.  Is anything substantive "lost" by closing the call on the same day the comments close?  If so, closing the call beyond the close of the comment period, even if for a matter of a few days to fully consider any comments received late in the process, could make sense.   What are your views?  Thank you.

Brian