[Public-Experts] question on extending the deadline for call for candidates

Larry Strickling LStrickling at ntia.doc.gov
Tue Sep 9 16:11:48 UTC 2014

Okay
From: Grace Abuhamad [grace.abuhamad at icann.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2014 9:40 AM
To: Jeanette Hofmann; Janis Karklins; Brian Cute; Theresa Swinehart; Larry Strickling; public-experts at icann.org
Subject: Re: question on extending the deadline for call for candidates

Hi all,
Since the original deadline is tomorrow, I suggest we finalize the
text-announcement for the extension today. Does 30 September work? I've
modified the draft text below (all links will be hyperlinked).

*EXTENDED ‹ Call for Candidates: Seeking Advisors to the ICANN
     Accountability & Governance Coordination Group*

     In light of the 6 ­ 27 September
     <https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-08-2014-09-05-en>public
     comment period
     <https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-08-2014-09-05-en> on the
     Enhancing ICANN Accountability and Governance Process, the Public
     Experts Group has decided to extend its Call for Candidates
     <https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-08-28-en>. The
     original due date of 10 September is now 30 September at 23:59 UTC,
     so as to align with the close of the public comment period. With the
     exception of date, all other elements of the Call for Candidates
     <https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-08-28-en> remain the
     same. For more information on how to submit a nomination, please see
     here <https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-08-28-en>.