[RDS-WHOIS2-DataAccuracy] FW: [RDS-WHOIS2-RT] Data Accuracy subgroup draft report

SUN Lili L.SUN at interpol.int
Sun Jun 3 02:38:08 UTC 2018

Dear subgroup members,

As you can see from below, the draft report of this subgroup was circulated to the whole review team on 25 May. There are not significant updates to this new draft. For those who are familiar with last version, you may need only jump to section  3.5 and 4.5 to check new edits which reflected the discussion of 2nd F2F meeting.

From 25 May till now, only Volker sent in some objective comments to this draft report and I responded accordingly. The email communication is also attached for your information. I personally disagree with Volker’s comments, as I took validation and verification of Whois data upon registration, transfer of domain name (contractual obligations of registrars) as first line defense to guarantee Whois accuracy, and effective compliance enforcement measures (WHOIS ARS, Whois Data Reminder Policy, Whois inaccuracy complaints, etc.) as the second line defense to improve Whois accuracy. The above is also the ground for the review of this subgroup.

As to the recommendations, it has been a headache for me. Given the measures in effect or have been taken are in ideal logic to improve Whois accuracy, however the reality is still frustrated. Except strict and innovative enforcement, I couldn’t come up with new ideas.

This message will serve as the last call for agreement or objections to this draft report. Please confirm by 8 June.

Thanks,
Lili