[RDS-WHOIS2-REC4-Compliance] [Ext] Questions for Compliance team

Susan Kawaguchi susankpolicy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 01:32:20 UTC 2018

Hello Alice,

I have a few more questions for the compliance team based on additional
documents I have reviewed

Registry Registration Data Directory Services Consistent Labeling and
Display Policy

What is the compliance rate for registrars that have implemented this
policy?

                     Registrar Abuse Contact Email

 Registrar Abuse Contact Phone

How many registrars opt in to displaying the “reseller” field?

            Is this information audited?

1.    Registry Operator MAY output additional RDDS fields, as defined in
the WHOISAdvisory, without further approval by ICANN. The key and the value
of each additional field MUST NOT: include browser executable code (e.g.,
Javascript); provide confidential information of any sort; or cause a
negative impact to the security, stability, or resiliency of the
Internet's DNS or other systems. Prior to deployment, Registry Operator
SHALL provide the list of all additional RDDS fields to ICANN. Registry
Operator SHALL provide to ICANN any changes to the list of additional RDDS
fields prior to deploying such changes.

Has there been any compliance issues with the above?  Is the compliance
team aware of any issues with a registrar  in this way?

Compliance Registrar audit program

            How many registrars pass the audit on first pass?

            What difficulties does compliance team run into with auditing
registrars?

            How long do you allow for remediation or collaboration?

            How many notices of breach have been issued as a result of an
audit?

Carlton or Erika if you have additional questions from the documents you
are reviewing please provide them soon.

Best regards,

Susan