[RDS-WHOIS2-RT-Leadership_Staff] Update & confirmation needed : scheduling, briefings and Monday

Alice Jansen alice.jansen at icann.org
Fri Mar 30 09:09:24 UTC 2018

Dear RDS-WHOIS2 leaders,

We wanted to provide you with an update on the following:
ICANN62
On action item “ICANN org to seek guidance from meetings team on who (review team/ICANN org) should request the engagement session at the policy meeting” – we have received confirmation that there is no need for you, Alan, to bring it up with SO/AC leaders. This practice only applies to high interest topic sessions. We will be submitting the meeting request for the engagement session. I do suggest, however, that we socialize the session as much as possible with other SO/ACs, closer to the date.

August Meeting
On the ask that we look into potential meeting dates in August, we reached out to our meetings team and their recommendations was as follows:

  *   Hold it preferably some time the first two weeks of August as staffing will be very limited for support the last two weeks;
  *   With respect to locations, we could try for an office location or alternatively check cities that could be most economical but not in the US (given visa issues on the RT). Europe is probably a prime location, but might be more expensive due to time of year.
Please advise whether the two first weeks would be an option for you and how many days (2 vs 3) you would like to schedule the meeting for. We will launch the doodle poll accordingly or get back to meetings team.

Briefing Resources Page
We have created a new wiki page that compiles status and materials for all the briefing requests received from the RT. We hope this will improve ease of reference and help you keep track of where items stand - https://community.icann.org/display/WHO/Briefing+Materials

Monday Call
As you know, we have a plenary call scheduled for Monday. It is a bank holiday (Easter Monday) for some – there is a risk we might lose attendance, as a result.  Please confirm at your earliest conveniennce today that you do wish to keep the call.
As a reminder, here is the agenda we have for Monday:

  *   Welcome, roll-call, SoI updates
  *   Subgroups Status Update
  *   Face-to-face meeting agenda
     *   Findings slide template
  *   RDS-WHOIS2-Wiki presentation
  *   A.O.B.
  *   Confirm Decisions Reached and Action Items

Thanks and Happy Easter (if you celebrate it ☺)
Kind regards
Alice