[RDS-WHOIS2-RT-Leadership_Staff] FW: [RDS-WHOIS2-RT] FW: ICANN org input

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun Feb 10 23:40:23 UTC 2019

At 01/02/2019 11:30 AM, Jean-Baptiste Deroulez wrote:
Dear Alan,

See the email below for your reference and review of sections.

Jean-Baptiste

From: RDS-WHOIS2-RT <rds-whois2-rt-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Jean-Baptiste Deroulez <jean-baptiste.deroulez at icann.org>
Date: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 11:57 AM
To: RDS WHOIS2-RT List <rds-whois2-rt at icann.org>
Subject: [RDS-WHOIS2-RT] FW: ICANN org input

Dear review team members,

Following up on your plenary call #47 discussion on draft report updates, please find below the ICANN org input shared on your draft report recommendations and the action items that resulted from the email below and discussion at the face-to-face meeting.

In preparation for the call for consensus, please review asap the following action items identified at the last face-to-face meeting and confirm that each recommendation addressed these:

Recommendations (All)
Action item: Instead of trying to assign a high, medium or low priority, describe when this recommendation should be implemented and what the target completion date should be. Include a description of an ideal completion date recognizing some of the ongoing dependencies, and consideration should be given to resources (costs, community resources) that would be needed.

Discuss Monday (11 Feb)

R1.1 | R1.2 (Cathrin)
Action item: Implementation note “review should be implemented as soon as possible and at the latest within 6 months” should be reviewed to factor in section 4.6 of the ICANN Bylaws where  the ICANN Board has six months within receipt of the final report to consider the review team’s recommendations.
Action item: Recommendation refers to reports covering all the ongoing legislative initiatives, but in fact, should also identify previous legislative efforts across the globe.

General footnote inserted (or replace with above instead of priority).

R1.3 (Cathrin)
Action item: Implementation note “review should be implemented as soon as possible and at the latest within 6 months” should be reviewed to factor in section 4.6 of the ICANN Bylaws where  the ICANN Board has six months within receipt of the final report to consider the review team’s recommendations.

Same.

R4.2 (Susan)
Action item: Remove “Sanctions should be applied if significant deficiencies in RDS (WHOIS) data validation or verification are identified.” Or make it clear that we are talking about sanctions that are on the books.

Done.

Law Enforcement Needs Section (Cathrin)
Action item: Clarify what regular refers to in the recommendations, and potentially refine the scope of the envisioned survey so that its purpose is well defined.

Done.

LE.1 (Cathrin)
Action item: Implementation note “review should be implemented as soon as possible and at the latest within 6 months” should be reviewed to factor in section 4.6 of the ICANN Bylaws where  the ICANN Board has six months within receipt of the final report to consider the review team’s recommendations.

As above.

Action item: Review this recommendation and specify what we mean by regular, by perhaps clarifying recommendation itself and also adding a little rationale to explain the two reasons that review team see for conducting such surveys and studies, which are, A, to do an ex-ante impact assessment of projected new policies or prepare a review team, or B, to evaluate new policies once they are in place.

Done.

Action item: Bring the above and survey questions to the EPDP (Alan) and GAC (Cathrin)

AG: Done
CBB: ?

LE.2 (Cathrin)
Action item: Implementation note “review should be implemented as soon as possible and at the latest within 6 months” should be reviewed to factor in section 4.6 of the ICANN Bylaws where  the ICANN Board has six months within receipt of the final report to consider the review team’s recommendations. and to consider he review team’s recommendations.

As above.

SG.1 (Alan)
Action item: Alan to add clarification as well as a reference to the RAA 2013 section 3.2.

Done.

CM.1 (Susan)
Action item: Rephrase the recommendation so that the board decide how to best implement this recommendation.

Done.

CM.3 (Susan)
Action item: Review team to use the GAC term, which is underserved regions, as there are some conflicting views on Global South.

Added to R3.2

CM.5 (Susan)
Action item: Clarify in recommendation what a “risk base approach is”. Stephanie provided: “A risk-based approach simply means that you do a risk assessment before you take an action to determine whether it’s really necessary.”

Added to rationale of CC.4

Alan

Kind regards,

Jean-Baptiste