[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] The ICANN Board should negotiate contractual terms or initiate a GNSO PDP to require that

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Dec 12 10:49:19 UTC 2018

I suggest that we use Volker's wording from CM.2 and in all
recommendations, replace

The ICANN Board should negotiate contractual terms or initiate a GNSO
PDP to require that ...

with

The ICANN Board should initiate action intended to ensure that ...

We will add a general comment that typically the actions that the
Board could take are to initiate ICANN Org negotiations with
contracted parties, or to initiate or request the initiation of a PDP
to effect the change through policy. But the RDS-WHOIS2-RT gives the
Board full discretion to investigate other mechanisms if appropriate.

Alan