[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] Common Interface rec.

Dmitry Belyavsky beldmit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 14:05:13 UTC 2018

Shouldn't we recommend a combination of 2 measures:

1. Relieving the limitations on the Registrar/Registry side for access from
ICANN IPs
2. Introducing CAPTHCAs (or smth similar) to prevent harvesting on ICANN
side?

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 3:20 PM Susan Kawaguchi <susankpolicy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> We have additional questions for ICANN org. Please see highlighted below
>

> We have found several error messages in using the tool referenced below:
>
> The requested second-level domain was not found in the Registry or
> Registrar’s WHOIS Server. (the domain name was confirmed to be registered
> with the registry)
>
> Sorry, but the Registry or Registrar WHOIS Server responded with a rate
> limit message due to high query volumes or has closed the connection
> without a response. Please try your request again later.
>
> ICANN received a timeout while querying the Registry or Registrar’s WHOIS
> Server
>
> Are these error messages created by ICANN or do they come directly from
> the Registrar or Registry?
>
> Does ICANN track how often these error messages are presented in response
> to a WHOIS query?

SY, Dmitry Belyavsky