[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] RESEND - URGENT: Next Steps

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue May 8 05:38:31 UTC 2018

(Resend with attachment)

As you know, we cancelled today's RT meeting. We had five RT Members
plus Chris give notice that they could not attend, and based on past
experience, there was a good chance that another one or two would
also not be there. As such, there was little point in holding the meeting.

The RT Leadership and staff did meet and discussed how we are going
to move forward.

I have attached a snapshot of where we are as of the end of the
Brussels F2F meeting. Of the 13 subgroups:

1 is done.
5 or 6 are close to done.
6 or 7 have more work, most of them quite significant.

According to our Workplan, Final Draft Report sections are due on 24
May, 2 1/2 weeks from now.

I would appreciate having from ALL group leaders a brief statement
explaining what needs to be done to finalize your subgroup's report
(due 24 May), planned next steps ( subgroup calls, drafting,
additional information needed?) and any staff resources you will need
to meet this deadline?

With regard to the document of agreements/action items from the F2F
meeting, all we were asking was, for those at the meeting, whether
the report accurately describes the outcomes. The document is now finalized.

For those not at the meeting, please note any issues with the
outcomes and address them in your sub-groups, with a note to the
plenary mailing list identifying what the issues are.

Alan