[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] Question for Lili

SUN Lili L.SUN at interpol.int
Mon Jan 14 15:54:05 UTC 2019

Dear Alan and all,

Sorry for not being able to join the call in time, somehow I couldn't set up the connection through Adobe Connect.

Regarding your question, I'm not sure whether the registrations were pre-date the validation requirement, for there is no indication in the ARS report on this. However, there was indication in the Contractual Compliance Annual Reports that with regards to registrar compliance with RDS (WHOIS) accuracy requirements, the most common issues are Registrars failed to verify or validate RDS (WHOIS) information as required by the WHOIS Accuracy Program Specification (WAPS) of the 2013 RAA, or Registrars did not distinguish between the terms "verification" (which means to confirm or correct) and "validate" (which means to ensure data is consistent with standards) as used in WAPS (see section 1.1.3.3). May be you are right, we can delete ", which is a breach of contractual obligations" to be on safe side.

Thanks,
Lili