[registrars] Current virus/worm problem.

Robert F. Connelly rconnell at psi-japan.com
Thu Aug 21 18:19:21 UTC 2003

Dear Colleagues:  I am receiving large numbers of messages which appear to
be infected.

I have Eudora set to truncate all messages over 7k.  Here is a part of such
a truncated message:

See the attached file for detailsContent-Type: application/octet-stream;
	name="movie0045.pif"

Most of them have an attached .pif file.

Whenever I have such a truncated message, it is filtered into a special
directory for examination.  Eudora gives me the option of having it deleted
or downloaded on the next Mailread command.

I think this process has helped me keep free of viruses and/or
worms.  Norton is not even called upon to deal with these issues.

Regards, BobC