[registrars] Deletes task force

Robert F. Connelly rconnell at psi-japan.com
Tue Dec 2 01:15:46 UTC 2003

At 04:39 PM 12/1/03 -0500, Rob Hall wrote:
>While I agree with the decoupling of the billing issue, I still stand by
>that we prefer an explicit renew to this auto-renew stuff we see now.

Dear Rob:  Thank you for your two postings on this issue.

We have the problem that when our registrants renewed by credit card on
line after auto-renew, it sent a renew to Verisign and added another
year.  Once we realized the problem we took corrective actions.  Those
steps took the form of *not* sending an explicit renew to the registry
(unless the renewal was for 2 to 9 years).

Certainly, we'd roll over backwards to end the auto debit against our
accounts with registries;-}

Personal regards, BobC