[registrars] FYI - Staff Manager's report on New Registry

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Tue Nov 4 18:15:38 UTC 2003

On 11/4/2003 1:08 PM Michael D. Palage noted that:
> As the editor of the Staff Manager's Issues Report on the Development of a
> Process for the Introduction of New or Modified Registry Services, I would
> like to include a statement from each constituency regarding how you
> believe the issues affect your constituency. This will be included in the
> Stakeholder Groups and Their Apparent Positions section of the report,
> which is due to be published Friday, 7 November.
>
> This is a follow-on to the request made of the constituencies in the GNSO
> Council meeting of 16 October.

Given the tight timeline and lack of apparent progress, it might make
the most sense for us to draft a position and request signatories and
forward a statement as an unofficial document. I don't believe that we
can draft and adopt a formal position in the time allotted.

Unless there are objections or a proposal to the contrary, I would be
happy to draft and circulate a document over the next twenty-four hours
if it would help.

Please send me comments or information that you believe reflects your
corporate position and I will attempt to incorporate it into the draft
to the best of my ability and circulate for comment later tomorrow.

--

                        -rwr

                 "Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
                                            All life is an experiment.
                             The more experiments you make the better."
                         - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org