[registrars] RE: WSIS Business Registration Requested - ONE FURTHER THOUGHT

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Sun Nov 9 01:20:02 UTC 2003

Time is short to do a lot with this. Fortunately, it looks like David Gross
and Kim Holmes, and the US government in general, support the idea that
government should not be directly involved in the management of the
Internet. David especially has repeatedly spoken out against that idea in
favor or the private sector.

There may not be time to draft and adopt an RC position, and certainly not a
GNSO position, but perhaps we could post a statement here on this list and
let any registrar interested sign on to it, and then submit it to the ITAC.

I'd be happy to draft the initial copy and post it for comments.

Tim