[registrars] China Government tightens up on Registrars....

Robert F. Connelly rconnell at psi-japan.com
Mon Nov 24 16:27:31 UTC 2003

At 02:19 PM 11/24/03 +0000, Paul M Kane wrote:
>"Small companies without an established investment and physical presence
>are much more likely to disregard regulations," said Nathan Midler, a
>research manager at IDC Asia Pacific

Dear Registrars:  I would differ with this assessment. I know my opinion is
controversial on this list.  However, U.S. firms with publicly traded
shares on one of the "big boards" are much more likely to focus on
quarterly reports and their effects upon the corporate temptation to turn a
blind eye to discrepancies -- if it helps them boost the apparent increase
in profits and the resultant increase in the selling price of their shares.

Regards, BobC, which is "speaking" from his long experience with the
"quarterly report syndrome".  I am not speaking a Secretary of the RC.