[registrars] SiteFinder Ballot

Michael D. Palage michael at palage.com
Thu Oct 2 02:14:52 UTC 2003

Ross,

I didn't say there was a violation of the by-laws. What I did say was that
73% of X is of limited value when you don't know what X is. As I said to
maximize the value of the vote I think it would be good to know those
registrars that compose the universe of X.

Let me ask you this question. If you had to make a decision as a Board
member what Option would give you the highest level of confidence in
assessing the consensus of the registrars constituency.

Option A - 73% of the registrars supported the motion, and some of those
registrars supporting it included TUCOWS, Register.com, GoDaddy, eNom,
BulkRegister, and Schlund.

Option B - 73% of the registrars supported the motion, however the following
registrars did not vote TUCOWS, Register.com, GoDaddy, eNom, BulkRegister,
and Schlund.

Option C - 73% of the registrars supported the motion, but there is no idea
of how TUCOWS, Register.com, GoDaddy, eNom, BulkRegister, and Schlund voted.

Option D - 73% of the registrars supported the motion, with a list of actual
registrars that voted in favor of the motion.

Mike