[registrars] ICANN Announcement on VeriSign Site Finder

Elana Broitman ebroitman at register.com
Fri Oct 3 17:00:10 UTC 2003

All - you will be interested in seeing ICANN's announcement and letter to VeriSign demanding that it take down the Site Finder service by 6pm on October 4, 2003, pending further evaluation. (see www.icann.org)

I believe that the registrars and GNSO Council contributed to ICANN's decision by voicing strong concerns.  We should recognize that ICANN is taking an important step in fulfilling its mission and responding to the concerns of its stake holders.

Regards,

Elana Broitman
Register.com
575 Eighth Avenue