[registrars] Acceptance of Nomination

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Sun Oct 5 16:11:48 UTC 2003

Hello all,

I have decided to accept the nomination to stand for the
GNSO Council. Thank you for considering me for this
important position. I believe that there is still a lot of
work for Registrars to do to within ICANN. This will be an
excellent opportunity for us to continue the work of the
past few years and ensure that ICANN continues to deal
with our agenda. I accept this nomination with the full
support of Tucows and therefore if I am elected, I will be
able to fully participate in the business of the council
as required.

Conflicts Declaration
I am the Director of Research and Innovation for Tucows
Inc., an ICANN accredited registrar and internet service
vendor. Tucows has roughly an 8% shareholding in Afilias.
Neither Tucows nor I is in possession of, nor do we have
access to Registry Sensitive or Registry Proprietary
information as defined by any relevant registry operating
contracts. Tucows provides consulting and hosting services
to other registrars. I am not an officer, director,
consultant, or employee with any of these registrar
partners nor am I specifically involved in providing these
services to these registrars. If there are any questions
about this acceptance or my declaration, please feel free
to send me a note.

Thanks again,

                       -rwr

"Around computers it is difficult to find the correct unit
of time to measure progress. Some cathedrals took a
century to complete. Can you imagine the grandeur and
scope of a program that would take as long?"

- Unknown

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com/