[registrars] unsanctioned whois concepts (long)

Rick Wesson wessorh at ar.com
Thu Oct 30 17:23:25 UTC 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:59:41 -0500 (EST)
Mark Jeftovic <markjr at easydns.com> wrote:

> My ideas essentially break down to:
>
> - De-centralize the location of the records.

significantly increases complexity of transfers. not every domain rusn a
web site and your proposal would require every domain to have an A
record and answer on port 80 to specific http requests.

I would ( and i expect many others in the IETF ) would not recomend
such.

> - Revising the Data Elements attached to those record

things like "proposed use" lead to enforcement; we don't want to
encourage any type of content enforcement.

do you have an ideas on inter-registrar data transfer as transfers require?

-rick