[registrars] unsanctioned whois concepts (long)

Christopher Ambler chris at ambler.net
Fri Oct 31 02:35:32 UTC 2003

I'm sorry, Ross, I shouldn't have made reference to it since I've not yet
"announced" what we're proposing. Cart before the horse and all.

I was trying to make a point in the abstract and using a bad example.

Let me rephrase - there's nothing preventing "bad actors" from not
participating in *any* cooperative effort of any kind between registrars. At
the end of the day, bad actors are going to be bad actors.

Christopher