[registrars] unsanctioned whois concepts (long)

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Fri Oct 31 05:44:57 UTC 2003

Ross,

If you were referring to the transfer key system I was proselytizing
about, I see some of the benefits as follows:

Eliminates the attempt to double confirm and reduces confusion.

More reliable and quicker confirmation resulting in fewer disputes. The
losing registrar is in the best position to confirm.

Faster, almost immediate completion of the transfer.

Whois data accuracy improved as it can be collected directly from the
registrant by the gaining registrar. The key confirms the validity of
the transfer so why force the import of potentially outdated or poorly
parsed data?

A dynamically generated, one use key is more secure than a static auth
code for transfers.

Tim