[registrars] Registrar Meeting - Closed Session

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Sun Sep 14 00:34:16 UTC 2003

On 9/12/2003 9:03 PM Michael D. Palage noted that:

 > I just read your blog about the registrar meeting being closed for
the first
 > time. That is not 100% accurate. At the close of the Melbourne meeting,
 > there was a supplmental meeting that was open to everyone except
VeriSign as
 > we discussed strategy regarding the ICANN/DoC/VRSN contract
renegotiations.

Yes - someone reminded me that we also went "closed" in DC earlier this
year as well...I'd forgotten about Melbourne. I'll make sure that I note
this.

 > It was not clear from your blog why the meeting was closed. For the
benefit
 > of those registrars not able to attend could you give a briefings as
to why
 > it was closed. I didn't see anything earth shattering that would
necessitate
 > this rather drastic step.

We were talking about the budget approval process. Closing the doors
allowed us to have a candid discussion about the budget and the
surrounding dynamics - it was useful and short term. I believe that
Elana has an action item to fully communicate details to all registrars
over the next few days.

Hope this is useful...

                       -rwr

"Around computers it is difficult to find the correct unit of time to
measure progress. Some cathedrals took a century to complete. Can you
imagine the grandeur and scope of a program that would take as long?"

		- Unknown

Got Blog?