[registrars] Verisign change to operation of the .com DNS lookup service

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Tue Sep 16 10:11:31 UTC 2003

On 9/16/2003 12:29 AM Bruce Tonkin noted that:

> It would be useful to have a registrar constituency position on this
> topic.

Here's a motion for discussion

"The Registrar Constituency strongly recommends that the GNSO Council
advocate that ICANN explicitly require gTLD Registry Operators to return
an NXDOMAIN response for DNS records that do not exist and that in all
cases, wild-card entries in gTLD zones should be strictly forbidden."
--

There are any number of reasons why this is desirable, I don't think I
need to rehash those.

--

                        -rwr