[registrars] SiteFinder and its implication

Mark Jeftovic markjr at easydns.com
Thu Sep 18 12:43:50 UTC 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Jean-Michel Becar wrote:

> We noticed today an increase of space usage in the mailboxes of our
> customers for the last 48 hours...yeah of course our filter which used
> to bounce any email with an invalid domain let everything going through
> now :-(
> How can some people still say the SiteFinder doesn't have any impact on
> the stability of the Internet services.

Looks like the 16th our mail forwarding traffic was up 50% over
normal levels and yesterday it came in at about 150%. (During
the height of Sobig-F it was about 300% of normal levels).

I wont say this is sitefinder related yet, but I'm sure its not helping.

-mark

--
Mark Jeftovic <markjr at easydns.com>
Co-founder, easyDNS Technologies Inc.