[registrars] Draft Registrar Submission to TF1

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Fri Apr 2 17:12:36 UTC 2004

On 4/2/2004 11:52 AM Elana Broitman noted that:

> Thanks Paul - I did some editing and am attaching a new version. My edits are not meant to change the substance of the document, but to clarify some of the points.
>
> When do we need to finalize this?

The Names Council extended the mid-March deadline for submissions to
April 19.

Note: These positions should ideally be consistent with ICANN's bylaw
requirements regarding the PDP;;

http://www.icann.org/general/archive-bylaws/bylaws-26jun03.htm#AnnexA-7d1

1. Constituency Statements. The Representatives will each be
responsible for soliciting the position of their constituencies, at a
minimum, and other comments as each Representative deems appropriate,
regarding the issue under consideration. This position and other
comments, as applicable, should be submitted in a formal statement to
the task force chair (each, a "Constituency Statement") within
thirty-five (35) calendar days after initiation of the PDP. Every
Constituency Statement shall include at least the following:

     (i) If a Supermajority Vote was reached, a clear statement of the
constituency's position on the issue;

     (ii) If a Supermajority Vote was not reached, a clear statement
of all positions espoused by constituency members;

     (iii) A clear statement of how the constituency arrived at its
position(s). Specifically, the statement should detail specific
constituency meetings, teleconferences, or other means of deliberating
an issue, and a list of all members who participated or otherwise
submitted their views;

     (iv) An analysis of how the issue would affect the constituency,
including any financial impact on the constituency; and

     (v) An analysis of the period of time that would likely be
necessary to implement the policy.

--

                        -rwr

                 "Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
                                            All life is an experiment.
                             The more experiments you make the better."
						- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org