[registrars] Draft for TF2

Jean-Michel Becar jmbecar at gmo.jp
Fri Apr 9 02:11:31 UTC 2004

The problem is a law is a law and a contract is always subject to the
law and not the opposite.
So if in Japan we have a law which doesn't allow us to give the personal
data to a third party we cannot.
So I don't see your point.
How can you be in favor of outlaw business???

I remenber the time of the test bed agreement signature is was in 1999,
we knew we would have some problem with the whois according to the
registrar country but at that time we were too impatient to start so we
postponed the question. But today here we are and we have to find a
solution. cause someday many registrars will be declare outlaw and what?
we have to move to somewhere else? Seriously guys ;-)

So for transfer I don't think there is no privacy violation in anycase
because the registrant is asking himself the transfer, so I don't think
the privacy local laws will be a problem.
Now in terms of egality amongst the registrars... yeah some registrars
will have different PUBLIC whois output according to their local law.
Hey guys this is competition :-) so let's enjoy a little bit of
differentiation here, let's try to make the registrar business less boring.
( I like to take the formula one example where each time a new
regulation appeared everybody aggreed to say it would slow down the cars
but was never the case, the engineers always found smart ways to come up
with something better and only because they had been pushed by the
regulation...without regulation we would have today the same cars as 10
years ago)

regards,
Jean-Michel