[registrars] Revised draft for TF2

Rob Hall rob at momentous.com
Tue Apr 13 16:26:16 UTC 2004

Tom,

The "purpose" of the data absolutely has been defined from a users
perspective.  We tell them what will be done with the data and how it is
published.

I find it curious that first there was the statement that it is illegal in
the EU, and now we are into a debate about member states possibly having a
law, as the EU one doesn't seem to be contravened.  Sure, a country could
pass a law that essentially outlaws being a Registrar.  Countries are free
to do what they want.  But just because a country chooses not to have
Registrars based there doesn't mean mine will, nor should it affect my
business.

As for Canada's privacy laws, they are similar to almost every other
countries, including the EU's.  Inform the end user of what will happen with
their data, and give them a choice.

Nothing says data can not be published ... it says a user must know how it
will be.

Rob.