[registrars] gTLD Registry Maintenance Notices

Rob Hall rob at momentous.com
Mon Apr 26 17:07:00 UTC 2004

Just a dumb question about the EPP discussion.

Given that most of the time, the notifications are about the Registries EPP
or RRP servers being down for maintenance, and the status of whats happening
when they are indeed down, doesn't it seem foolish to base the "downed
system" notification on that same "downed system" ?

I vote for Ross's proposal.  I think we want a very diverse notification
system, that is not in any way linked to the system it is reporting on.

Rob.