[registrars] 2004 Nominating Committee --- Nominating Jean-Michel Becar.

Robert F. Connelly rconnell at psi-japan.com
Fri Apr 30 13:53:42 UTC 2004

At 12:42 AM 4/28/2004, Thomas Keller wrote:
>1. Accomplished persons of integrity, objectivity, and intelligence, with
>reputations for sound judgment and open minds, and with experience and
>competence with collegial large group decision-making

Dear Thomas:  It's past Easter, I wonder whether Jesus is available;-} BobC

Hmmm, no one responded to my suggestion posted two days ago.  I guess we'll
have to find someone else;-)

All jest aside, I cannot imagine how or why we should look outside our own
membership to select a member of the Nominating Committee.  How can we
expect some total outsider, unknown to most of us, to be sensitive to the
nuances of issues affecting our livelihoods?

I'm prepared to fly in the face of Teresa Swinehart and nominate
Jean-Michel Becar for our delegate on the Nominating
Committee.  Jean-Michel clearly possesses the "integrity, objectivity, and
intelligence, with
a reputation for sound judgment and open mind" suggested by Thomas.  As his
competitor in Japan, we are well aware of his objectivity and even
handedness and his technical competence.  Further, I have known him for
over five years, long before he came to Japan, and have always found him to
be such.

The deadline is fast approaching, we have received *no* nominations, it's
time to follow the old Navy admonition, "Do something, even if it's
wrong".  The rocks and shoals are fast approaching;-}

Respectfully submitted as my personal nomination, not posted in my role as
Secretary.

Cordially, BobC