[registrars] Using IANA IDs

Jay Westerdal jwesterdal at nameintel.com
Tue Aug 10 16:25:19 UTC 2004

Marcus,
We support it. Sounds great.

But I do have have one question. What does a Registry put when the Registrar
is not an offical Registrar, yet still is the Registrar-of-record?

Examples:
R222-LROR = Afilias Reserved 1
R194-LRMS = Test Registrar 1
R197-LROR = Verisign Global Registry Services
R198-LROR = VeriSign GRS (ORG)
R214-LROR = VGRS Internal390
R233-LROR = LibertyRMS Co. (PIR's fake company)
R12-LROR  = 7 DC, Inc. (PIR's fake company)
R121-LROR = Vayala Corp. (PIR's fake company)
R152-LROR = Affinity Internet, Inc. (PIR's fake company)
TERMINATED REGISTRAR found at VeriSign-GRS

Do all these have IANA IDs? If not, what number do they get? Or what happens
to these Registrars? It seams like lots of domains get registered by
non-ICANN registrars.

Marcus I 100% agree with you, IANA IDs would make this a lot easier.

Jay Westerdal
Name Intelligence, Inc.
http://www.nameintelligence.com