[registrars] VeriSign's SiteFinder (antitrust) suit against ICANN dismissed

Michael D. Palage michael at palage.com
Fri Aug 27 15:23:38 UTC 2004

Eric:

I concur that this was welcome news from a cost saving standpoint as
anti-trust litigation, particularly discovery, is VERY VERY costly. However,
to be realistic we are not out of the woods just yet. The dismisal with
prejudice was only in connection with the anti-trust claims which was
VeriSign's sole reason for being in Federal Court in the first place as
Declane. The remain contract and tort claims were NOT dismissed with
prejudice as noted in the article you cited. However, based on this most
recent article it appears that VeriSign does intend to continue the
remaining claims in state court, see
http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=4C63B3A1-EDB0-4DA9-9625-8B6A6
2999A3F

Best regards,